Monday 26 September 2011

Bought GM:HTML5

Got GMHTML5 yesterday, and uh.. It's just terrible. I'm not going to go on about the new colours, because frankly I like the new colours in the code editor. But aside from the fact that the GUI is so damn buggy, the runner itself is like an insect farm. I spent hours trying to convert one of my old games, I finally got it to a working state (that's in the loosest sense possible) where the game could actually be played, it took me hours because it converts the sound/music files to ogg format every single time I test it, and the sound functions don't even seem to work properly.

I'm terrible at ranting, so let me just say that I don't think I'll be using gmhtml5 often until it's working. Annoyingly I spent less than a day on it and it has already put me off programming. It has got to be the worst piece of software I have ever used, I would put its worth at 5 - 10 dollars (not including export to exe), not the ridiculous 80 I bought it for, no documentation on how to upload it for playing on a website either and god knows I'm not smart enough to even attempt that. Let's hope Yoyo can regain my faith in them soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh, great , that's the final word I need to NOT buy it!

    I'll just wait for GM Studio!

    ReplyDelete